Friday, October 2, 2009

General Conference Quiet Activity #4

PUMPKIN PIE PLAY-DOUGH

I had a recipe for this, but I lost it. I googled it and here is what I found. This makes so much. I thought this would be a quiet activity for Little R to play with during Conference. Hopefully it will keep him occupied for a 1/2 hour or two:)

Thanks to Like Merchant Ships Blog for the Recipe. Copied from her site.

5 1\2 Cups Flour
2 Cups Salt
8 teaspoons Cream of Tartar
3\4 Cup Oil
1 Container (1 1\2 ounces) Pumpkin Pie Spice
4 Cups Water
(I omitted the yellow and red food coloring.)

The original instructions were unclear. I combined all the ingredients (more or less) in a medium saucepan, stirring at medium heat. The mixture will begin to clump. Keep stirring.

Remove from heat when the mixture changes from a batter-with-lumps consistency to something that looks like brown sugar and/or peanut butter. Pour onto floured surface to cool. Ours was still sticky in places, but kneading with additional flour evened the texture.

The recipe makes enough to fill a 1/2 gallon ice cream carton (or its Tupperware equivalent.)

IT MAKES YOUR HOUSE SMELL SOOOOOOOO Good!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, looks like fun! I definitely need to do that with my son.

    ReplyDelete